Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Practical Scrappers - Lace Cardstock Challenge:)

Hey!!!!  I was a bit confused at first when Christine challenged us to use Lace Cardstock.  I had never heard of it!  So I got to researching online...of course..."google" is my friend!  So I found pics of Lace Cardstock and thought wow that's cool stuff I'll bet I could make some!  So that is just what I did!  I used Whisper White Cardstock that I had on hand and made a cut file using snowflakes and my cutter hooked up to my puter and wala!  Snowflake Lace Cardstock!  I cut down my lace cardstock to fit on a cardfront.  Then I cut an additional snowflake from the remaining Lace CS that I had made and inked the edges a bit for an accent on the card:)

I made the card base from Bashful Blue CS, Stamped the snowmen from "The More the Merrier" stamp set.  I adhered the Snowflake Lace CS to the card base and then adhered the Snowmen stamped image and the snowflake accent using Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some dimension.  I then used Frosted Lace stickles on my "snow" to give it some sparkle.  I love the way the sparkle gives it a "snowy" look.  I stamped the "warm winter wishes" stamp from the same set across the bottom of the card in Bashful Blue Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by @ studio j today! Please leave a comment:)